RunningwithUs Results Update
It's been a very busy few weeks at RunningwithUs with training days with many of the Uk's biggest charities and athletes racing all over the world. We will start to collate some of the fantastic recent results you've all been achieving here!
* After a period of training with Jenny Spink in Girona Tracy Barlow took another huge step forwards running 72:48 at Barcelona Half to finish 10th and move to 3rd in the UK rankings over the distance. You can keep up with Tracy's progress on her blog here - http://leftspikefanzine.com/tracybarlow/
* Paulos Asgodom had a brilliant run at the BUCS XC Championships to finish 2nd - an excellent start to a big year for Paulos. India Lee won the final Hampshire League XC of the season with Hayley Munn finishing 2nd in the same race.
* Matthew Walker claimed another excellent PB with 36:27 run off the back of bigger mileage on the busy Victoria Park course in January. Also having an excellent run over 10km was Ralph Collett 36:46 at Chichester Priory 10km as he continues is recovery from injury - representing an excellent step back to form and Nick Young ran 38:01 over what was generally thought to be a slower course than last year and after a long delayed start. Paulette Story return to racing at the Valentines Day 10km and ran a strong 51:07 - looking good ahead of half marathons in March.
* Over the half marathon distance Wokingham Half is always a great marker for many runners in February. Michael Joseph claimed a big PB to run 1:30:38 and Tess Gallagher saw the fruits of many miles and tough workouts in her ultra prep running 1:55:41. Further afield Aaron Walker ran a half marathon PB at Austin Half Marathon in the states with 1:23:40. Also over the half marathon distance Nic Tierney ran Farnborough Half in 2:12 - an excellent result after a period of injury.
* Hampton Court Half Marathon saw some wonderful results with Sorrell Walsh winning in 1:22 - a huge 6 minute PB. Donato Esposito also ran a 9 minute half marathon PB to continue his remarkable progress - 24 minutes off his PB in 10 months with 1:25.
* Rachel Greener ran with Fiona at the Eton Dorney 15km both running strongly ahead of Fleet Half in March. Tess Gallagher have a strong, progressive run at Bramley 20 to finish in only the third v60 in the UK to run sub 3:30 in 2017.
* Emma Risbey had a great run at the Freethorpe 10 mile race running 61:19 in tough condiitons.