Nick and Tom recently attended the Amba Hotels City of London Mile to provide commentary and it was great to see many friends and RunningwithUs athletes out racing on the streets on London.
In other news we are delighted that Nick and Tom will be the managers of the Saucony Racing Team and Ambassador Programme for 2016/17. This is part of our service as head coaches for Saucony in the UK and will see us supporting Saucony elite athletes and ambassadors with kit whilst helping to communicate their training and racing journeys to the rest of the running and triathlon world.
So far in June there are loads of great results to shout about;
* Tracy Barlow finished 2nd at Swansea Half in 75 minutes with a fantastic first run out since the marathon. Tom Craggs was also pciked up a second place finished this time at Frome Half Marathon. Returning from injury was Caroline Tuck with a strong run at Fulham Palace parkrun with 22:10 and Julia Henderson with 20:56 at Springburn parkrun.
* The RR10 league races in Hampshire always attract a lot of local club runners and we were delighted to see George King win in latest event at Marwell Zoo, and Mel Wilkins win in the women's. Tom Oliver came second and Tom Craggs 6th in a successful day.
* Jane Nodder had a wonderful run at Weatherby park run with 21:03 and also moved to 4th in the uk v55 rankings over 5,000m with 21:06 at the Orion Harriers Fast 5,000m meeting. Also achieving a new PB over 5km was Will Rawlings who ran 17:20 at Poole parkrun.
* Race winners in recent weeks include Martin Williams who won Aldridge 10km in 32:45, George King who won Alresford 10km in 33:35 and Aaron Scott who won the Summer Solstice 10km at Long Bennington in 31:32. Rhian Jinny Jones won Tintern Trot race in Chepstow tackling the tough hill run in 44 minutes - great effort in a big week of training.
* Ed Rees ran strongly at Dorking 10 mile race with 57:48 and Susanna Harrison was first v50 in the same race with a fantastic 70:14.
* Steve Watmough ran a new 5km PB, moving to 24th on UK v50 rankings with 17:12 at the Sale Sizzler 5km and Ian Hunter also ran strongly to finish 4th at the mult-terrian Wollaton Park 10km. Also having strong runs over 10km were Matthew Walker who ran 37:27 at Regents Park 10km and finished 14th, Theresa Jones with 50:29 at Huntington 10km, David Percy with 44:39 at Newmarket 10km, Rachel Greener at Yateley with 56:35 and Gareth Jones with 39:45 at QEOP 10km. Chris Newberry, Julia Davis and Judith Mitchell braved hot and humid conditions at Newham 10km and put in strong runs. Julia finished 2nd in 36:42, Chris in 47:52 and Judith in 58:34.
* Jon O'Shea, ever adventurous, ran and survived the Transylvanian Bear Race covering the hard 47km route with all limbs intact.
* Well done to Paulos Asgodom who followed up his recent 14:09 5,000m with a silver medal in the England U/20 3,000m championships.
* Big shout to new RunningwithUs athletes Rebecca Gallop on a big new 10km PB with 39:01 at Woodall Spa 10km and George King with a win and 33:35 on the hilly course at Alresford 10km. Matthew Walker also achieved a new 10km PB with 37:26 at Battersea 10km. Well done to Emma Patel who won her leg at the Welsh Castles Relay running as a part of Winchester ACs team.
* The Amba Hotels City of London Mile saw loads of great performances. Julia Davis was first woman him win leg 1 and fastest female in the 'non elite' race. Axel Manzano smashed though the 5 minute barrier to finished 2nd in wave 2 with 4.56, Paul Martelletti ran finished 2nd with 4:22 in wave 1 and we also saw great times from Dan Mutlow, Matthew Walker, and Chris Newberry who took a remarkable 40 seconds off his old PB!
* Newly crowned Elite European Triathlon Champion India Lee returned to racing in the UK following her success in Portugal and her ITU World Cup win in Italy (http://www.runningwithus.com/#!India-is-European-Champion/apewk/574d7e5e0cf276b13c4e3caa) and won Blenheim Triathlon finishing nearly a minute ahead of 2nd placed Sophie Caldwell t make it a fantastic 3 wins out of 3.
* Big shout out to Vicky Morris who raced the hilly Shrewsbury Half Marathon and ran a strong 2:03 from a very short build up. Rhian Jinny-Jones ran strongly at Cardiff parkrun to cap a hard week of training with 18:46. Also running a strongly at park run was Ralph Collett who achieved his fastest time over the 5km distance with 17:36 at Worthing parkrun. Dan Mutlow raced very well at the SAL 5,000m race at Mile End. Having raced a fell race the day before, and going on to run 4.59 in the mile the day after Dan ran 16:59 to cap a busy weekend of racing.
* Axel Manzano continued his remarkable progress running 34:23 and another BIG PB of over 10,000m at the Orion Fast Friday meeting with Victoria Carter also running a fantastic 39:11 in the same race. At the same meet Dan Mutlow also continued his return to form with 16:43 in the 5,000m.
To catch up on the results from May check out last months update - http://www.runningwithus.com/#!May-results-update/apewk/574704f80cf2c662486f471e